Class Response for Biome Project!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My favorite thing that we did in class was the Biome project. We had to design an eco-vacation to a biome anywhere in the world. I picked the one I wanted; Tundra. This was my favorite thing that we did in class because I thought that it was fun to look up the stuff on the Tundra and I also thought that it was fun to decorate my brochure. I also thought that this was my favorite project because I liked looking at everyone elses project. Some people were really decorative like my friend Bigbang2nt1 . If I could do this project again I would make mine a little more creative so It looked more appealing to the eye. I also would add more info to it so if it wasn't so appealing to the eye then at least it would've had the most info.

The Tundra is a cold and dry biome. A biome is a group of areas that have the same climate. I learned many things about the Tundra. For example I learned that the Tundra is covered in permafrost. Permafrost is when the ground freezes completely. In the spring however the permafrost melts enough so that small patches of grass and shrubs can grow.

0 comments: