NDD?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I just thought of this...but if everything is considered as science...then wouldn't that mean that going outside would be considered as science? Which would mean that going on a field trip would be considered as science as well right? That would be a good excuse to have a field trip wouldn't it?

You might wonder why I am bringing this up, but its because we were reading a very interesting article in Kokopelli1015's class today! It was talking about Nature-Deficit Disorder. To sum it up, it was basically talking about how our generation (Generation X) is being seperated from nature and we aren't learning the life lessons that we would normally learn from nature. Instead, we spend more of our time inside. And quoting from the article "We have more chance of developing emotional, and physical diseases." That includes...EVERYTHING! Colds, bruises, even headaches!

You might think that, "Oh, but today I played outside!" well that doesn't count. In this article, it says in order for us to really reconnect with nature, we need to go on more nature hikes, and experiance the science/nature that is around us, instead of reading about it in books! Now wouldn't that be a good excues to go on a field trip to the beach, sometimes *hint hint* to learn about waves and physics *hint hint*?!

And remember, go to Pippin's Question Box THE BOXIEST BOX OF QUESTIONS!

1 comments:

awesome _ spectacular said...

I don't believe in this at all! Sure I believe you should go out in nature, and getting fresh air is always good; and you never know could possibly help with all those things. But from the language and the way the author had written, it sounded as if he was COMPLETELY against technology, and that's the part I don't believe in. I think that you should have it equaled out: nature and technology- you shouldn't go crazy with nature, but you shouldn't be couch potato and watch T.V. all day- You can almost connect this to a spongebob episode: Nature Pants? Where he wants to be a jellyfish? THAT'S obsessive...